Autonomous radio modem OrionMeter ORN-GMZ-LW868/NB is designed for wireless reading of gas meters, periodic accumulation of meter values in the non-volatile memory of the radio modem, subsequent transfer of accumulated data, as well as data with current values via radio communication to the LoRaWAN or NB-IoT network.
The radio modem independently provides emergency closing of the meter valve in the event of a gas leak and sending an operational message to the dispatcher via the LoRaWAN or NB-IoT network.
Radio modem advantages:
- Convenience of connection through the standard connector of the gas meter;
- Self-activation of the radio modem with a gas flow;
- Activation of the radio modem by a magnet;
- Detection of magnetic impact during exploitation;
- Immediate notification and valve closure in case of gas leakage;
- Remote control of the gas meter check valve;
- EasyTool technology allows performing wireless remote, connected to a radio modem for configuration, software updates, reading accumulated data via a secure channel;
- Application of BatteryCare technology allows operating the radio modem for up to 7 years without replacing the power source;
- The nonvolatile memory of the radio modem allows storing data for up to 62 days of the hourly profile with the ability to remotely request readings.
An autonomous radio modem can be used as a device for remote data collection and transmission via radio communication to a LoRaWAN or NB-IoT network server, from gas meters in apartments of multi-storey residential buildings, individual residential buildings with gas water heaters and stoves, as well as used in automated systems of gas metering (ASKUG).